Ways to Treat Cannabis Addiction
Signs of Cannabis Addiction
- You get high for more than 2 hours every day on a regular basis
- You become more risk-taker while being high
- You crave for Cannabis regularly and you don’t like it if you are not high
- You only hang out with Cannabis users
- You keep on increasing your doses
- You can’t properly perform with your day to day activities
When it becomes harmful to an individual, it is important to find ways to treat cannabis addiction before it can get worse.
Ways to Cope Up with Cannabis Addiction
- Family bonding
Cannabis addiction treatment can include treatment with Psychotherapy. This therapy will tackle the psychological aspect of a person’s addiction. The therapy may last for up to 12 weeks. It will help a person understand the addiction and is the best way to stop your cravings and relapses. The entire purpose of this therapy is to help people maintain abstinence and live healthy lifestyle. The most common type of therapy includes:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Contingency Management
It is also recommended to find a support group who can give free advice on how a drug free life can make your life easier. When you decided to seek treatment for your cannabis addiction, get all the help you can get and the most important thing is to remind yourself that you can do it.